Nose Jewelry – Steps to Choose the Perfect Fit
Choosing the right size of nose jewelry depends on your personal preference. Diamond nose jewelry looks dazzling in every size and shape. In this article, you will learn how to choose a unique nose piece that will reflect your personality. Choosing the right piece will make you look beautiful and gracious.
You can check the nose earrings in four different sizes –
- 3 – 1.5 mm: Such nose pieces are quite dainty and discreet. It has a touch of sparkle to brighten up your face
- 2 mm: It is a dainty nose pin with an extra dazzle
- 5 mm: This is a perfect piece without being too little or too much dazzle
- 3 mm: If you love to shine, this is an absolutely dazzling piece.
How is diamond evaluated?
The experts perform diamond color evaluation in the absence of any color. If you purchase a structurally perfect and chemically pure diamond, it has no hue and has much higher value. Diamonds are bifurcated as per the following grades:
- F, E and D – Diamonds of these grades are considered colorless
- G – J – Diamonds of these grades are almost colorless. You would not be able to notice any difference between them and higher-grade ones.
- K – M – Diamonds of these grades have a little yellow tint. Not many people purchase diamonds in these categories.
Preparation of the natural diamond
Natural diamond nose studs are prepared from carbon exposure to tremendous pressure and heat. This process can lead to a variety of internal characteristics like inclusions as well as the external characteristics like blemishes. You must evaluate the clarity of a diamond to determine the size, number, relief, nature as well as position of such characteristics.
- IF or internally flawless – This is a high-quality diamond and no inclusions will be able to be seen under 10x magnification
- VVS1 and VVS2 – These are very vaguely included diamond pieces. In the jewelry of this quality, inclusions are very slight and it is difficult for an expert grader to view them under 10 x magnifications.
- VS1 and VS2 – The inclusions are observed under these very slightly included diamond pieces with effort. However, these inclusions are also characterized as minor.
- S1I and SI2 – the diamond jewelry has slight inclusions that are quite noticeable under 10x magnifications. However, you will still not be able to see them with naked eyes.
Checking for good quality studs
Besides checking the quality of the diamond, it is essential to check the thickness of the gauge that inserts into the nostril. While choosing the right size of gauge, you must keep the one that you already have as a measure using a caliper.
The thickest gauge is known as 18 gauges. If you recently had your nose pierced, this is the right gauge size for you. Once you are comfortable with nose jewelry, you could easily switch to thinner gauge like 20 gauges or even 18 gauges. 22 gauges will also fit perfectly with every nose piece.